Sunday, July 3, 2016

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] ffmpeg x11grab flag?

 

On Sun, Jul 03, 2016 at 09:19:54AM -0400, Hal halinux@frontier.com [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
>
> > However, if it's defintely giving that pixelation you're describing,
> > there's a few options. I don't know much about youtube uploading, so not
> > sure why youtube-dl wouldn't get the captions, whenever I've used it, say,
> > with anime, I've bee able to get my captions.
>
> I see that "captions" means many things; embedded or separate tracks, etc..
> So much to learn.. I, also, note that other "grab" programs don't print the
> captions with the quality good, otherwise.. I suspect almost all of them
> use ffmpeg as the backend..
>
>
>
> > Also, are you using the latest youtube-dl, that is, going to their site and
> > downloading it, or the one provided by your distribution? Sometimes, those
> > will be older versions and not work as well.
>
> Latest version I could find; didn't try older ones..

My suggestion would have only been to try the latest. :)

>
> I have another issue with the 4kvideodownloader.com tarball that I bought
> and should list separately..

If you paid for that one, they may offer some form of support.

I don't know how subs are usually put into youtube videos, as I don't
download them often. The few that I have, anime, had them embedded as part
of the video. (which you can do by say, making an mkv container, then,
with various ffmpeg parameters making it into an mp4 file.)

There may be some other screengrabber that does it, or a better youtube
downloader. Sorry I can't be more help.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

__._,_.___

Posted by: Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment