Thursday, July 5, 2018

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Linux lost all sound

 

Inside alsamixer there is an auto-mute button. I reset that thing to disable auto-mute several times. Nothing happened. But when I was running a video that was silent because my sound is not working, disabling the auto-mute button suddenly worked fine. So, I think it's fixed, but I'll know for sure after a couple of reboots.



---In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, <minnifield@...> wrote :

I've well researched this, and tried many things. The latest kernel update removed sound. For awhile it was on headphones, then I thought I figured out the speakers and headphones were swapped or identical in PulseAudio. I removed the kernel update, and reverted back to the previous kernel. I removed and reinstalled alsamixer and PulseAudio. I deleted the Pulse Audo .config files to force them to remake themselves. Now I only have audio on headphones. Pulse Audio control shows headphones plugged in, but speakers unavailable. Removing the headphones jack does not change this setting. Sometime earlier today the speakers worked a few seconds. I think it's a speaker driver problem or setting. Software in other words.


Is there a way to repair without reinstalling Linux and wiping out the hard drive?

__._,_.___

Posted by: minnifield@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment