Thursday, May 23, 2019

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Installatioin does not recognize existing OS.

 

Sounds like your having a problem with your bootloader config.  Win7 is
probably still there.

On 5/23/19 11:42 AM, wa6bsw@msn.com [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
>    I am trying to install Ubuntu 18.04 to my Win7 computer.  In the
> past I had Win7 and Ubuntu 17 operating fine.  Having some severe HD
> problems caused me to loose Ubuntu.  Now running SSD and wish to
> reinstall Ubuntu. Downloaded Ubuntu from two different sources and
> made DVDs.  Neither will recognize my Win7 installation and install
> Ubuntu along side it.  Am I the only one having this problem?  Do I
> have to install Ubuntu 17.04 and then update it?  Or, is there
> something wrong with the ISO file?
> Thanks for any help,
> Gerald Krizek
>
>
>

__._,_.___

Posted by: Michael <msulli1355@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment