Thursday, October 23, 2003

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Linux help

 

Joan: Thanks for the web site information. I'm getting there, I hope. Thanks to the users on this group, you all have been very helpful.
Ron.......
----- Original Message -----
From: Joan Leach
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2009 2:29 PM
Subject: Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Linux help

--- On Sun, 12/13/09, ronald_wicker <rwicker1@verizon.net> wrote:

From: ronald_wicker <rwicker1@verizon.net>
Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] Linux help
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 6:55 AM

I am new to the group and Linux operating system. I am trying to get started. I loaded Ubuntu 9.04 and updated on line. The programs seem to be working great. My problems stem from trying to download other programs to use for ham radio. I operate packet and psk31 and need good terminal and waterfall programs. I downloaded some but can't figure out how to make them run.

When you download a linux program on line, what steps are needed to get them running. I know it must be simple for the experienced user but I don't know what to do.

All comments and suggestions are welcome.

Ron, AA5NI.......

>>>>Hello Ron,

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AmateurRadio
http://www.hamspot.com/ham/Ham_Radio_LiveCD
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-hams

I hope the above links will help you.

Happy Hollidays,
Joan in Reno

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment