Sunday, May 21, 2017

[LINUX_Newbies] Caps Lock

 

The Caps Lock light will not come on when I press the Caps Lock button.
At first I thought it was a defective keyboard, but I have tried three
keyboards. The light will not come on on any of them, but they do when I
plug them into my laptop. After the test on my laptop, instead of
letting my new Dell Inspiron 3668 pc launch Ubuntu when it boots up, I
went into the setup screen (bios and other stuff) and the Caps Lock
light comes on there. So, it is not a problem with the new pc but,
instead, is a problem with Ubuntu. Is there a command in Ubuntu to
enable the Caps Lock light to come on, or is this one of the unknown
problems with using the newest version of amd64 server on an i3 machine?
Knowing if Caps Lock is on is important when entering passwords because
the Caps Lock key might accidentally be hit. I am sure I did not have
this problem when I was playing around with Ubuntu 32-bit I386 on my
2004 vintage machine.
Stan

__._,_.___

Posted by: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@commspeed.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment