Saturday, May 6, 2017

[LINUX_Newbies] A PC

 

I have not done anything on creating a web server since my last email,
but I need a pc. I was going to use the old 2004 vintage desktop I have,
but it is having some problems (starting up on its own which could just
be a low internal battery - don't know), and so I have decided to get a
new one. I plan on using it just for my own personal web page, sharing
files with individuals, and maybe eventually a discussion group. It will
only be used for these purposes and nothing else.

I saw this at Best Buy this morning. Some information on it can be found at
http://toprightforyou.com/lenovo-300s-11ibr-90dq004gus-90dq004gu-desktop-review/
It comes with 4G ram, an Intel Pentium J3710 processor, and has a clock
speed of 1.6Ghz which can be increased to 2.64Ghz via Intel Burst
Technology (whatever that is).

Would this be sufficient for a web/file server, possibly a discussion
group in the future? It seems I remember reading some where that a
server should have at least 8G ram. It can be increased to 8G on this
machine but it has only one slot and so I would have to spend another
$50 or so for another memory card.
Stan

__._,_.___

Posted by: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@commspeed.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment