Saturday, September 26, 2020

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Forgotten password

 

Thanks for your help. I will check the links. I am definitely a newbie and am willing to try things out. It's a dual boot drive so wiping it would be okay. 


John


On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 20:44, Scott scottro@nyc.rr.com [LINUX_Newbies]
<LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 07:35:24PM +0000, John Ramadei kb1mfu@yahoo.com [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
> Hello
> I have forgotten my password to my Ubuntu account. I installed 17.04 a few years ago, didn't write down the password and now can only log in as a guest. How can I wipe the drive and reinstall 17.04? I have tried using the install CD during boot-up but it didn't work. Is there a hotkey/combo that will let me format the drive? Thanks for any help.
> John
>
You shouldn't need to restore in order to reset the password. (You also
might want to think of upgrading).

Do any of the tips here help?

https://itsfoss.com/how-to-hack-ubuntu-password/

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Ramadei <kb1mfu@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (73)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment