Saturday, September 26, 2020

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Forgotten password

 

Since Ubuntu is now at version 20.04, I would download the latest
version and run the install from the CD. You will have to change the
boot order on your system so that it boots from the CD drive before the
hard drive. Then you'll be asked if you want to install the latest
version next to the existing version or if you want to wipe the drive
and start fresh. Don't know if you have your home folder on a separate
partition or not but if you use the whole drive everything that exists
will be wiped out.

Tom

On 8/28/2020 3:35 PM, John Ramadei kb1mfu@yahoo.com [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have forgotten my password to my Ubuntu account. I installed 17.04 a
> few years ago, didn't write down the password and now can only log in as
> a guest. How can I wipe the drive and reinstall 17.04? I have tried
> using the install CD during boot-up but it didn't work. Is there a
> hotkey/combo that will let me format the drive? Thanks for any help.
>
> John
>
>

--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: "T. Hunt" <roversouth@bellsouth.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (74)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment