Thursday, March 19, 2015

[LINUX_Newbies] Cannot boot Ubuntu

 

I have been using Ubuntu for several years on my old computer.  I bought a new computer, HP Envy model 700-327c running W7 Pro.  It has some hokey new file system.  I loaded Ubuntu 14.04 and I can see the new partitions on the HHD. The problem is that I can find no way to boot into Ubuntu.  Ideally on power up I would like to be presented with a selection of W7 or Ubuntu and then have the selected boot.  Does anyone know how to do this?  Please go easy on me as I am not very fluent in Linux.  Thanks for any help.
73,
Jerry


__._,_.___

Posted by: wa6bsw@msn.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment