Friday, March 20, 2015

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Cannot boot Ubuntu

 

Are you wanting to boot from CD/DVD drive or an 'already installed' on the HD Ubuntu?
I assumed CD/DVD drive. If you get offered the CD/DVD drive and select that CD/DVD drive with Ubuntu ISO disk in the selected drive, will the computer boot to Ubuntu? Will the DC/DVD disk boot in another computer? IOW, is the selected disk viable as a boot medium? 

On 3/20/2015 2:40 PM, wa6bsw@msn.com [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
If I hold down the F9 key while booting, I get a menu that gives me a choice of devices to boot from.  I am not given any partitions to boot from.  Under UEFI boot services I get: Windows boot manager.  Under Legacy boot services I get: ATAPI CD/DVD drive, SATA 2.  Under Hard drive: I get SATA 0.  The last choice is Network controller.  This HP bios is apparently made to prevent someone that doesn't know anything about computers from messing up their machine.  It is not like the bios-es I am used to.
Thanks for any help,
Jerry

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Ken (desco) Ramsey" <desco1kr@comcast.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment