Thursday, March 19, 2015

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Cannot boot Ubuntu

 

Are you sure it's not Win8 or later? If it's really Win7, then it must be HP' BIOS or the new equal to it.

Joan in Reno

From: "wa6bsw@msn.com [LINUX_Newbies]" <LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com>
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:34 PM
Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] Cannot boot Ubuntu

 
I have been using Ubuntu for several years on my old computer.  I bought a new computer, HP Envy model 700-327c running W7 Pro.  It has some hokey new file system.  I loaded Ubuntu 14.04 and I can see the new partitions on the HHD. The problem is that I can find no way to boot into Ubuntu.  Ideally on power up I would like to be presented with a selection of W7 or Ubuntu and then have the selected boot.  Does anyone know how to do this?  Please go easy on me as I am not very fluent in Linux.  Thanks for any help.
73,
Jerry



__._,_.___

Posted by: Joan Leach <jleach728@sbcglobal.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment