Monday, October 10, 2016

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] LUbuntu and Thunderbird.

 

When I used Slackware I used Mutt and loved it.  It was so easy to delete a line (ctrl Y) was all it took...........So easy.  However no one here in our very small town knows anything about Slackware, so my husband  put Lubuntu on my computer so I could get help if I needed it. He is the only one who can help me with slackware. Anyway Mutt wouldn't work with Lubuntu as they seem incompatible. I have no clue why, but it has something to do with the fact that we do not write in the clouds.   We use pop3 mail queue and nullmailer.

Hal. (Husband) is really brilliant about all this geekish stuff and he is trying to work something out so I have the gooey and a decent mailer.  BTW, Hal is also in this group and at the age of 94 he has all these unix/linux commands firmly embedded in his head!   He dislikes  systems like Ubuntu and is unfamiliar with them so he is struggling with me to work this out.


On 10/10/2016 02:05 PM, Scott scottro@nyc.rr.com [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
 

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 11:44:53AM -0400, dlmS solitude33@frontier.com [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
> Thanks for writing. There are many things I dislike about this
> graphic based system. For example I mostly use my computer for
> writing, and I find all these little icons maddening. With
> slackware the text commands were so much easier. For example
> deleting an entire line was so easy. I have no idea if this can be
> done with Lubuntu and Thunderbird.
>
> I'll try the Help place but I'm seriously thinking about going back
> to Slackware.
>
>
> Lorrie

Did Slackware use thunderbird as well, and if so, were you able to delete a
line? It almost sounds like you were using mutt or similar. You don't
_have_ to use Thunderbird on Lubuntu, you can install another client,
including, of course, mutt.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6


__._,_.___

Posted by: dlmS <solitude33@frontier.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment