Sunday, December 18, 2016

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Slack problems

 



On 12/18/2016 5:34 PM, Michael Sullivazn wrote:
> OK. I've decided that I'm tired of messing with Gentoo. There's just
> too many things I don't understand about it, and I simply don't have
> either the time or the attention span to mess with it anymore. I
> wiped Gentoo off my box (after backing it up my my 2TB external drive)
> and installed slackex off a LiveUSB that I made back in April when I
> got this computer. I've rebooted it about thirty times in the past
> two hours. Grub claims that it can't find my kernel. I installed
> slack on /dev/sda4. I ran /root/install-boot.sh on /dev/sda4
> /dev/sda. I mounted /dev/sda4 and looked to see that the kernel
> filename was indeed what grub was trying to load. It wasn't. Grub
> was trying to load my kernel plus "-huge". I manually changed
> grub.cfg and rebooted again. Same error. I rebooted with my LiveUSB.
> X failed to start. I rebooted with the LiveUSB again. A whole bunch
> of stuff failed. I'm pretty sure the prompt said something like
> "memory/files" At this moment I have NO linux system AT ALL. Please
> help. I'm trying to think about this the way a normal non-Gentoo user
> would, but I'm having great difficulty doing so. Just trying not to
> panic too much at this moment.
>
> -Michael Sullivan-
>

UPDATE: I just rebooted again, and the prompt says "memory/union #" It
says the hit Control+Alt+Delete to restart the computer, but when I type
anything, there's no response. It did something like this back in
April. I'm pretty sure that it will resolve itself in time, but I don't
really want to wait that long. I use my Linux system daily.

__._,_.___

Posted by: Michael Sullivazn <msulli1355@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment