Sunday, December 18, 2016

[LINUX_Newbies] Slack problems

 

OK. I've decided that I'm tired of messing with Gentoo. There's just
too many things I don't understand about it, and I simply don't have
either the time or the attention span to mess with it anymore. I wiped
Gentoo off my box (after backing it up my my 2TB external drive) and
installed slackex off a LiveUSB that I made back in April when I got
this computer. I've rebooted it about thirty times in the past two
hours. Grub claims that it can't find my kernel. I installed slack on
/dev/sda4. I ran /root/install-boot.sh on /dev/sda4 /dev/sda. I
mounted /dev/sda4 and looked to see that the kernel filename was indeed
what grub was trying to load. It wasn't. Grub was trying to load my
kernel plus "-huge". I manually changed grub.cfg and rebooted again.
Same error. I rebooted with my LiveUSB. X failed to start. I rebooted
with the LiveUSB again. A whole bunch of stuff failed. I'm pretty sure
the prompt said something like "memory/files" At this moment I have NO
linux system AT ALL. Please help. I'm trying to think about this the
way a normal non-Gentoo user would, but I'm having great difficulty
doing so. Just trying not to panic too much at this moment.

-Michael Sullivan-

__._,_.___

Posted by: Michael Sullivazn <msulli1355@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment