Tuesday, December 20, 2016

[LINUX_Newbies] root can't access X in su session

 

I feel really dumb about asking this, but most of the time I have a
terminal open with several tabs. Tab #1 is always running a su session
so that I can do my daily backup maintenance. Every time I try to use
any X app under the su, I get this:

oot@caitlyn:/backup/caitlyn/201612# file-roller
caitlyn-slackware-michael-20161220.tar.bz2
GLib-GIO-Message: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend. Your settings
will not be saved or shared with other applications.
No protocol specified

** (file-roller:16500): CRITICAL **: Failed to parse arguments: Cannot
open display:
root@caitlyn:/backup/caitlyn/201612#

I've tried running xhost + and xhost +localhost before issuing the su
command. I'm on Slackware. Very new to it as well. Any help would be
appreciated...
-Michael Sullivan-

__._,_.___

Posted by: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment