Friday, February 21, 2014

[LINUX_Newbies] Debian and RoboLinux question...

 

I suppose I've come across a Distro's author attempt to keep his Distro cleaned up from his auto-scripting or whatever you call it. I grabbed his RoboLinux freebie just prior to his new release, but when I went back his archived file, I had downloaded had disappeared from my Home folder after un-archiving it. I have never come across this behavior before and I can't download it again, since he has removed it. I see no sense to upgrade to his new version, since I don't use webcams, unless there are other reasons. I have never used VirtualBox before and wonder if this is a taste of things to come, or is it Debian or just RoboLinux short-falls?
I have contacted RoboLinux, but I have a feeling they want money for help, which I can see if I was a big company or selling my services, but I'm a retired tech donating Linux computers to those in need to keep myself learning and helping while doing it.
Any ideas?
Joan in Reno

 

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment