Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] RE: Linux and MD5 checksums

 

Hi,

On 2/25/14 9:36 AM, odiserundy@yahoo.com wrote:

Sorry about the mess: all the links printed out which made the ideas hard to understand, below is a cleaned up version.

I found what you feel was a "mess" to be a fairly
normal email reply on such a subject. I took a
peek at the www.winmd5.com site and will go
there again, when I get my next broadband
allowance, to check further. As I said, finding
sites that offer MD5 help isn't hard--it's just a
matter of knowing who's good, who's a waste
of time, and who's even worse than a waste of
time.

I certainly appreciate "getting the word" to help
sort it out.

To help with your choice can you post the resource your system has? (e.g. CPU, Hard drive space, graphic card, if you have one, memory amount).

I actually have two matters in mind--one is trying
to convert my old netbook that fails at the Windows
checking site; if that fails, I'm not much worse off
than using it for a .357 target, LOL. The netbook
is limited primarily by having an Atom processor
and what ever makes it fail the windows test. I do
have plenty of HD space, though; I haven't looked
into the RAM or graphics card but they seem to be
OK--they support what little I use that machine for.
The other matter is rather open-ended; my dream
machine would probably run better with Linux and
a VM holding a newer version of Windows to handle
a program I want that has no likelihood of becoming
a multi-platform item.

--

Regards,

Gene Falck
gfalck@merr.com

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment