Monday, November 13, 2017

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] need help to install Linux ubuntu

 

On 11/13/2017 06:39 AM, 'Phil Crockford' pcc@g8ioa.co.uk [LINUX_Newbies]
wrote:
> 
>
> It's me again!
> I have Linux 18 Connamon Edition installed on my laptop. Atlast!!!!
> I am have downloaded the basic opp manual and read it all but it does
> not answer some questions regarding some aspects for me. Can someone
> tell me where i mite get more detailed info form.
> I nitially want to know if there is a utillity for storage maintanance
> such as changing the name of a disk or partition and de-fragmentation
> and so on..
> Can anyoune point me in the correct direction please
> Phil (G8IOA)
>

When I first started using Linux, I asked a very similar question. I
was told that Linux does not have a defrag-type command, because it
stores data in a non-fragmented state, hence defrag is simply not
necessary. For the other thing, renaming a partition is easy. I use
cfdisk, but I'm lazy. I suppose one could do it with fdisk...

__._,_.___

Posted by: Michael <msulli1355@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment