Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] FTP with GFTP and ZIP

Mi Mai 15 08:48:39 2013
Good morning
Thank You for help.

On 08/05/13 07:27, highskywhy@yahoo.de wrote:
> Good morning
> How can I upload
> with gftp
> my homepage
> like this
>
> I have a zip fileo
> and I want to upload it and then unpack it.

Most on line web services do not allow you to do this.
*
Can I ask why?

Example:
I want to upload 50 small htm files and 60 pics in jpg
do I have to upload one by one?

mostly you will
have to unzip it localy and then ftp the whole lot to your space.
*
But then it is a lot of work
isnt it?
Is there ftp in Linux using the terminal without gui?



>
> And the other way:
> How can I download my homepage and zip it in a zip file.

FTP commands you could find useful
ascii -- treat everything as ascii
binary -- treat all fles as binaries
auto -- detect and switch between ascii and binary on a file by file basis
mget and mput to do all files at once

then zip as usual

*
Thank You.


> Can I also do this with Firefox?
Sort of you need to install a ftp extension. I would try a good ftp
client filezilla is about the best.

You can replace the http:// bit with FTP:// as well, not a lot of people
know that.
*
But Firefox using the extension cannot upload and unpack zip files, isn
t it?

Regards

Sophie





------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
LINUX_Newbies-digest@yahoogroups.com
LINUX_Newbies-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment