Monday, December 4, 2017

RE: [LINUX_Newbies] LInux Mint WiFi Authenitcation Required

 

I am a recent newcomer to Linux Mint so can't offer any definite solution but, I had a similar problem when I installed the Mint software. Mine asked me for a UN and PW on start-up and would not let me in. I found that the copy of Mint was faulty and was a copy that had some problems added by the nob that distributed it.

The cure was to download Mint from another Trusted site and re-install it.

It then worked fine. If the copy of Mint is a newly downloaded one then I would try this.

It would appear to me that some guy is having a laugh at your expense

I hope this helps. Let me know if it does.

Phil (G8IOA)

From: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com [mailto:LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 02 December 2017 17:22
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] LInux Mint WiFi Authenitcation Required

The installed Broadcom won't connect, so I got a 802.11n WLAN USB chip, and it does exactly the same thing. Won't connect with repeated Authentication Required messages. I enter the password of the router, and it still won't connect. Is there a setting on the Verizon site? What is the problem here? No real consensus online about it ... try this try that. Does anyone have a solution?

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Philip Crockford." <pcc@g8ioa.co.uk>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment