Friday, February 17, 2012

[LINUX_Newbies] HP ScanJet 5100C question

 

Hi All

I would like to ask help with the installation of my old HP Scanjet 5100C flatbed scanner onto Linux OS system Opensuse 11.4.

I googled for help an came across these links:

http://laffers.net/howtos/how-to-install-hp-scanjet-5100c-on-suse-linux/

and

http://meeg.elvenrealms.net/tech/scanjet5100c/

I tried to follow it but cannot understand one part of the method this one:

Insert a new line near the line 1008 (in the list of export symbols)

EXPORT_SYMBOL(parport_get_port);

How do I edit the file that they want me to put this line in? This part has me stumped,I opened it with gedit but I cannot edit and save the file, How do I edit it so I can insert the above line in the EXPORT Symbols section?

Also I downloaded already the ppscsi-beta2-20060424.tar.gz file mentioned in the site and my question is how do I install these files through terminal?

Please help thanks.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment