Sunday, February 5, 2012

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Sharing File on same machine between Windows and VirtualBox Linux (Debian6)

 

Joan,
Thanks..

I appreciate your response.

I will look into 7zip and get that to unzip the file. 

________________________________
From: Joan Leach <jleach728@sbcglobal.net>
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, February 5, 2012 9:46 PM
Subject: Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Sharing File on same machine between Windows and VirtualBox Linux (Debian6)


 
Wouldn't it be easier to email to yourself as an attachment and open in whichever OS you want? 7Zip is on either OS, too.

Joan in Reno

--- On Sun, 2/5/12, zulfizamindar <zulfizamindar@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: zulfizamindar <zulfizamindar@yahoo.com>
Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] Sharing File on same machine between Windows and VirtualBox Linux (Debian6)
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 2:29 PM

 

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out a way to share files on my Windows7 machine which has VirtualBox 4.1.8 and Debian 6 Linux.

I need to import a .gz file into my Linux and then execute it.

I read several links on the web suggesting to remove firewall on windows, and some suggested changing network setting from NAT to Bridge on the Virtual Box. Even after following all the suggestions, I am stuck figuring how to get my .gz file into Linux environment.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment