Monday, February 6, 2012

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Sharing File on same machine between Windows and VirtualBox Linux (Debian6)

 

On Sun, Feb 05, 2012 at 10:29:00PM -0000, zulfizamindar wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to figure out a way to share files on my Windows7 machine which has VirtualBox 4.1.8 and Debian 6 Linux.
>
Setting up samba is one way to do it--just using samba client and
mounting the Windows share is another. On the other hand, if you're
unfamiliar with it, there are various ways it can go wrong.

I don't use any of the typical desktops, that is, Gnome, Unity, KDE, and
such, but don't they have file browsers that will see the Windows
shares?

Also, there should be the option in VirtualBox, once you install
VirtualBox tools, to set up sharing in some way or another, though I've
not done it that way--ah--if it's a virtual machine, use bridged, rather
than host networking, and download and install WinSCP on the Windows
box--I don't think you have to install it, I *think* there's a binary
that can just sit on your desktop. That makes it easy, you can then
just scp it, with the WinSCP program, to your Linux machine.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

Anya: For a thousand years I wielded the powers of the
Wish. I brought ruin to the heads of unfaithful men. I brought forth
destruction and chaos for the pleasure of the lower beings. I was
feared and worshipped across the mortal globe. And now I'm stuck at
Sunnydale High. Mortal. Child. And I'm flunking Math.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment