Thursday, July 12, 2012

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Aptitude fails to configure 'dirmngr'

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Roy <linuxcanuck@...> wrote:
>
> My sentiments, too, as a desktop user, but some people who run servers in
> particular require stable and do not need the latest and greatest. Why a
> desktop user would want to run an older version of the GIMP and not be able
> to run LibreOffice at all since it was not around 2 years ago is anybody's
> guess.
>
Perhaps it wasn't but Open Office was and I have

$ aptitude show libreoffice-common
Package: libreoffice-common
New: yes
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Version: 1:3.4.6-2~bpo60+2

installed anyways. Way back in the day I ran Star Office and even Word Perfect for Linux too. I value stable above all else myself. The latest isn't even always the greatest either, especially lately.

Mostly I run Debian though because it starts off in the best state, and offers me the best platform for me to customize how I see fit.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment