Friday, April 26, 2013

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] How can I clean a PC when I want do delete a program.

 

apt-get remove evolution?? will remove the program evolution.

if any other programs depend on it you will be notified.

If evolution is removed and there are any programs that no longer needed, apt-get autoremove will remove those.

You will also be notified if any directories were not removed because they were empty, giving you the opportunity to delete them yourself.

-----Original Message-----
From: highskywhy <highskywhy@yahoo.de>
To: LINUX_Newbies <LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Fri, Apr 26, 2013 9:38 am
Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] How can I clean a PC when I want do delete a program.

Fr Apr 26 08:19:33 2013
Good morning
Question:
How to delete a progamm in Linux.
Example:
sudo apt-get install evolution.
OK.
Then I destroyed something in evolution.
I did a backup and this destroyed the directories.
So I want to clean PC from evolution and then install again.
sudo apt-get remove evolution.
BUT
after install again evolution
there was the dirt from before.
I think
it is the same problem like windows.
Linux is creating many files like registry and I have to clean them also.
How can I clean a PC when I want do delete a program.

I did it with terminal
and also with gui.

Regards
Sophie


------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
& you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
LINUX_Newbies-digest@yahoogroups.com
LINUX_Newbies-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment