Friday, April 26, 2013

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] screensaver not starting up automatically.

 

If you like Xscreensaver you may prefer Lubuntu, as I recall having to disable the Gnome and Kubuntu default screensavers before Xscreensavers would work, plus there is a way to autoload it, but some Distros don't do it to save on overhead for low resource computers.
Joan in Reno

--- On Fri, 4/26/13, gvinrad <gerry@dragonmobility.com> wrote:

From: gvinrad <gerry@dragonmobility.com>
Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] screensaver not starting up automatically.
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, April 26, 2013, 2:41 AM

 

Hi Guy's,

I'm new to linux & have managed to install version 12.04 onto my pc but I'm having a few issues tweaking gnome classic desktop, I have xscreensaver installed but it just won't start up automatically when I turn the pc on. Can anyone suggest anything I could try please, al help gratefully received.

Gerry.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment