Saturday, October 26, 2013

[LINUX_Newbies] Thunderbird and Update Manager Connection Problems

 

Problem 1 is with Thunderbird connecting to pop.googlemail.com. When first started it takes over 2 minutes to begin to get mail. The status bar shows activity but it stays at pop.googlemail.com for more than 2 minutes before it gets any mail. I get mail from six gmail accounts. This started about 2 or 3 days ago, before that it worked very quickly.

Problem 2 is with the Update Manager not getting something called translations. I don't know how to explain it so I got a screenshot that shows some errors.
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/2831/h2ar.png

I don't know much about changing things so I can't fix things. I use Time Warner Cable to get online. I don't have any problems with webpages so the problem is not with TWC.

I posted something to this group a few days ago and got no feedback. If anyone has a link to a more active group, in regard to Linux Mint 15 Cinnamon, please post a link.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment