Thursday, October 31, 2013

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Peppermint Linux is neat in many ways

 

Thanks to all  who replied.

The right click method seems simple and intuitive to me. 

Perhaps I am a bit spoiled and not ready to accept reality. 

Using the terminal mode (and even file manager) seems like a definite loss in functionality.   Perhaps this is the price you pay for a small system that has simple menus and runs and installs rapidly.   I will have to chew on this for a bit to decide what my next step will be.   

I was quite happy with Ubuntu until they updated the menus with a new user interface,  I see there is now a way to install the old menus interface.     

As in many of  my battles with life, with your help and   combined inputs, I have stepped up a level and am now at a more elevated plane of ignorance. 

Justin




On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 12:21 PM, JOHN OWNBEY <zeebobz@yahoo.com> wrote:
 
hello
im running peppermint 4 , i can rt click and make folders, runnging on an old compaq laptop
john
--------------------------------------------
On Wed, 10/30/13, Joan Leach <jleach728@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Subject: Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Peppermint Linux is neat in many ways
To: "LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com" <LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 7:22 AM
















 













From:
"justin_e_bell2000@yahoo.com"
<justin_e_bell2000@yahoo.com>
To:
LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Sent:
Wednesday, October 30, 2013 12:33 AM
Subject:
[LINUX_Newbies] Peppermint Linux is neat in many ways
















 






I tried Peperment , and it has a nice simple menu
and installed easily.

However, when I right click on the desktop to create a
folder, nothing happens.  I tired looking at Google and
other search engines and found nothing useable about how to
restore the right-click function.  

Using File manager to create folders seems slow and
cumbersome to me. 

Does anybody know what is happening.

JustinHello,Maybe
it's because it expects everything to be stored up in
the Cloud somewhere?Joan
in Reno








































__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment