Monday, December 22, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Remove Puppy

 

Found out that the Puppy CD does not have the "two options that would enable to either 'Uninstall Ubuntu' or 'Install it again'".



 <jleach728@...> wrote :

Saw this and thought I'd share, since I didn't know about it. I don't know if Puppy is that smart. All I ever did was remove the Puppy directory from C:\, then run repair from WinXP install CD, run fixmbr, then fixboot. However, I never ran it from a Dell WinXP CD. There's also a Grub or SuperGrub CD, also Ultimate Boot CD that might offer repairs. I know the Puppy Forum can be daunting...
Joan in Reno


From: "waltmatheus@... [LINUX_Newbies]"
Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2014 10:53 AM

 
I have an older Dell with XP and Puppy Frugal with the Grub4DOS bootloader.

I plan to remove Puppy but don't know how to eliminate the bootloader so that XP will boot up properly.

Please post step-by-step instructions to fix the Windows MBR after I delete Puppy.



__._,_.___

Posted by: maylit2me@gmail.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment