Sunday, December 27, 2015

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: [linux] Wake on mouse movement question...

 

On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 10:34:12PM +0000, Joan Leach jleach728@sbcglobal.net [linux] wrote:
> I noticed that this isn't available on the latest LXLE or Makulu, so
> I was wondering if it's a new to Ubuntu or Debian or something else
> in Linux? My PcLinuxOS seems to be okay, but then it's a semi-rolling
> distro. I know to some this is no biggie, but reaching for a keyboard
> anymore than I have to with my sore shoulders is a pain. So I'm
> asking before I jump ship for another Distro...

My immediate thoughts are that it is controlled by BIOS. Could look in
the kernel doc for "wake".

<https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/power/devices.txt>

The wake files looks interesting. I'm quite far from a real computer at
the moment so I cannot test.

> Thanks and Happy Holidays,Joan in Reno

And to you too :)

--
Best regards,
Ed http://www.s5h.net/

__._,_.___

Posted by: ed <ed@s5h.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment