Sunday, December 27, 2015

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Remove Dual Boot

 

IIRC, you can just go into a terminal in XP and issue "fdisk/mbr" and it
will wipe out grub, rewriting it to boot to XP exclusively. I'm not
sure how you're going to reclaim the space that Linux is using. Maybe
you could delete the Linux partition and then use your partition manager
to extend Windows to occupy that space. I don't know much about
partition managers myself. Just my two cents...

On 12/27/2015 03:33 AM, maylit2me@gmail.com [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
> I have a hard drive with partitions with XP (C:) and Ubuntu.
> I rarely use the Ubuntu so I plan to remove it.
> I'm not sure of the procedure to do so.
>
> Can I just use a partition manager to change the Linux partition to NTFS?
> If so, will the GRUB boot manager be deleted as a result so that I end
> up with a direct boot to XP?
>
> If that is not the correct way, what is the proper procedure?
>
>
>
>

__._,_.___

Posted by: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment