Saturday, January 2, 2016

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] External HD

 

No comments on this so far.  Am I out in "left field"?


Dan

On Dec 28, 2015, at 9:21 PM, Dan Cook aa0qc@yahoo.com [LINUX_Newbies] <LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


I have a "WD My Book Essential" external USB hard drive.  I have been using it on my Windows computers; it has back data on it which I want to keep on it.  The drive is partitioned into a "F:" & "G:" drive  on the W7 computer, where the "G:" drive is password protected.  There is a Windows "unlock" app.  

I hooked the WD external drive to my Lubuntu computer via USB.  All I can see is the partition that is not password protected; it contains the Windows WD apps.  The other partition does not even appear to be present.  

How would I access the the password protected partition?  Is there a "password unlock" app available?  I find nothing looking at the WD website- no drivers or support.

Should I purchase another USB external HD for Linux only and, if so, what?  My intention is to backup the Linux computer to the external drive.

I am a new user of Linux.
 
Dan Cook, aa0qc 


__._,_.___

Posted by: Dan <aa0qc@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment