Saturday, January 9, 2016

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] how to learn to convert a video

 

Good afternoon

First wannna say I am sorry because I am slowly working.

> > good afternoon
> >
> >
> > > > The problem is
> > > > I own vlv winffm ffmpeg
> > > > but I cannot use it.
> >
> > vlc was the right word.
> > Im sorry.
> > winffm is a gui for ffmpg.
> >
> I'm not familiar with it.
No problem. I just wanna tell, that a Gui software could not help me.

>
> > *
> > But wiki is writing
> > there are also videos without a container.
> > You see its confusing me.
> >
> I don't think (but am not sure) that something like mp4 is a container.
I agree
without understanding.

How is the task to ask Linux for information about a video file
like
sound rate
bit rate
picture size and so on like lshal

>
> >
> > >
> >
> > >
> > > What do you mean you can't use it.
> >
> > Terminalsoftware like ffmmpg you cant do try and error
> > but using a gui software like gimp you can to try and error.
> >
>
> Not quite sure what you mean here.

I use gimp.
I see many buttons.
I have no idea.

But with try and error I can create a picture and export it to gif.

But Terminal Software You cant to try and error.

you have to learn:

zip -r zip.zip video.wmv

and
zip - r zip.zip is wrong and mistake.

> >
> >
> > >
> > > What file are you trying to convert?
> >
> >
> > We produce with our digicam videos.
> > So we want to convert them,
> >
> > because to change from mp4 to wmw old.
> >
> > Is it right there is a wmv old and an wmv new?
>
> I don't know. I don't have anything that old, but most mp4 files should be
> playable on almost anything.

You told me
in Your other mail
there is a complicated wmv.
I think there are 2 or 3 wmv like avi is not avi.

>
> >
> > but there are many avis?
>
> It's another popular format,also playable on most things.
I wanna say

a.avi ist not the same like b.avi
because the codec of avi is different.
We often see an avi file on one computer
other computer miss the codec.

>
> >
> > I think about it
> > thank You
> > because a video file needs a lot of space.
> >
> > How can I controll if there is a video file about sound bit rate size
> > of pictures and so on.
>
> The ffmpeg program has many options, though most of the time, you can use
> defaults.

Do um know an ffmpeg workshop online like selfhtml?

The things you change depend upon what you're trying to do with
> the file. For example, chosing a codec of libx265 will usually make a file
> smaller, but not all players can play x265.

This is my question.
Thank u.

> >
> >
> > >
> > > What happens if you have a video called myvideo.mp4 and run
> > >
> > > ffmpeg -i myvideo.mp4 myvideo.avi
> >
> >
> > I ll try it.
> > This is the mail computer
> > the video files are on an offline computer.
> > I ll check it and then I ll mail it.
> > Thank You.
> >
> Ok, let us know.
>
I ll tell later.

> > >
> > > What do you get if you run
> > >
> > > ffprobe myvideo.mp4 (Look for the 0:0 and 0:1 to see what type of codec
> > > they're using.) Something like
> >
> > I ll try also.
> >
> >
> > And i have to print this email
> > before doing.
> >
> > Thank You Sophie
> >
>
> Ok, let us know.
>second email in 3 minutes.....

__._,_.___

Posted by: "highskywhy@yahoo.de" <highskywhy@yahoo.de>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (31)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment