Sunday, January 3, 2016

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] External HD

 

I finally got the bright idea to hook the WD external HD to Win 7 computer and then use WD app to disable the password. I did not know it could be disabled.

When I hooked it to the Lubuntu computer, I could see the missing partition and access it.

Now all I got to do is figure out how to backup the Lubuntu computer to WD external HD.  It appears I need to select and install a backup app from Linux.

Thanks.
 
Dan Cook, aa0qc aa0qc@yahoo.com


On Sunday, January 3, 2016 7:34 AM, "Hal halinux@frontier.com [LINUX_Newbies]" <LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
On Sat, Jan 02, 2016 at 04:17:37PM -0700, Dan aa0qc@yahoo.com [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
:No comments on this so far. Am I out in ???left field????

Greetings: I googled 'changing hdd password windows' and got many
suggestions..

:I am a new user of Linux.

Welcome..



__._,_.___

Posted by: Dan Cook <aa0qc@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment