Saturday, January 9, 2016

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] how to learn to convert a video HELP from Scott inside Videofiles

 

hello group hello scott
THANK You for help.

> > I ll add the old mail for better understanding at the end:
> >
> >
> > http://gigaload.tv/64af305ed655e060505fa8d40e9163e5
>
> Ok, I downloaded. I see that my version of ffmpeg, at least, doesn't
> support the wmv3 codec in the aim.wmv.

*
Thats no problem. Maybe it helps
now I explain the background.

We play theatre.
So my file made here in Germany should run by www to our friends in
America and Asia and Africa.
So they not can use Linux or Win10
some use win 98 or older.
So the thing is
files should not be good by quality
because the file is a log not a vidoe.
Like a storyboard.

SO
we convert Storyboads and not star wars quality movies.

>
> However, I tried encoding it with libx264.
>
> You can download it at http://srobb.net/sophie.wmv.
I ll send that to Lima
and then I ll ask Sarah,
she can read the video
and then I ll tell You.

Can You see
our origin is much bigger than the aim.
quality is worse but good enough for us.

We dont need wmv but
a codec for also old computers.

>
> If that works for you, then you can encode any of these with
>
> ffmpeg -i myfile.mpg -c:v libx264 a:wmav2 myfile.wmv
THANK YOU!!!!

I am sure
reading the manual of ffmpeg I ll can find the meaning of the -i or c:v.

>
> If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll try some other formats. It seems
> that wmv3, though listed as an ffmpeg codec, isn't working, at least for
> me.
I ll tell.
Please dont hurry.

>
> ffmpeg -codec help |grep wmv
> shows
>
> D.V.L. wmv3 Windows Media Video 9
>
> D meaning that it can decode, but as there is no E, it means it can't
> encode it.
>
> That is a deprecated video format, and I think there may have been an
> ffmpeg patch for it years ago, but I can't find it.
>
> --
YES
thats it.
Our wmv is deprecated.

Regards
Sophie

__._,_.___

Posted by: "highskywhy@yahoo.de" <highskywhy@yahoo.de>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (32)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment