Thursday, March 10, 2016

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] log (in Linux)

 

good afternoon

Thank You for help

Am 06.03.2016 um 16:16 schrieb Scott scottro@nyc.rr.com [LINUX_Newbies]:
> On Sun, Mar 06, 2016 at 12:07:48PM +0100, 'highskywhy@yahoo.de'
> highskywhy@yahoo.de [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
> > Good morning
> > sometimes like once a month a computer with Linux is crashing. All is
> > frozen. But I am sure
> > Linux is building up a logfile
> > and after booting again I can read
> > where was the problem.
> > Is this right?
>
> Yes, in /var/log
**
I could find.

>
> You might want to try messages, that is, /var/log/messages.

I could not find. Does the dir have another name?

>
> If there's no /var/log/messages it is probaby using systemd, in which case,
> you have to run journalctl

journalctl
I could find. Should I print the manual first.

>
> https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-use-journalctl-to-view-and-manipulate-systemd-logs
>

I have to print it before reading to many words.

Regards
Sophie

> gives some information.
>

__._,_.___

Posted by: "highskywhy@yahoo.de" <highskywhy@yahoo.de>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment