Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] video questions III video audio

 

I am sorry. I have to print the email and then I ll can read it. So
much information. Thank You. I ll answer later Sophie

Am 27.02.2016 um 20:29 schrieb Scott scottro@nyc.rr.com [LINUX_Newbies]:
> On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 07:42:11PM +0100, 'highskywhy@yahoo.de'
> highskywhy@yahoo.de [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
> > I am sorry.
> > I did ask wrong:
> >
> > What kind of container is good for share worldwide videos
> > for Linux Mac and Win?
>
> Mp4 is playable by most things, but last time, I believe you said that
> some of your friends couldn't use mp4. You really have to experiment--if
> you take a small file, like the one you gave me, and try different
> containers, and have your friends test, you'll have your answer.
> >
> >
> > and what kind of sound and video?
>
> Whatever video codec I used last time. I think the audio was aac, but you'd
> have to look at my old emails, because honestly, I don't remember.
>
> >
> > What kind of container and what kind of video and what kind of sound
> > need the smallest space.
>
> x265 is smallest space, but it's still relatively new, so some things
> can't play it. Not sure about sound, but video tends to take more room
> than audio.
>
> This seems like a reasonable article about it.
>
> http://www.learningsolutionsmag.com/articles/1203/video-compression-secrets-smaller-files-better-quality
>
> Generally, ogg will be the smallest audio size. One reason you have to try
> with different formats is because each person has different taste--through
> low quality laptop speakers, I can't tell much difference between audio
> format, but on good speakers, I probably could.
>
> >
> > For ourselves
> > we do now try and error.
>
> That's what you have to do. If I were doing this for someone, I would use
> libx265 and ogg, or possibly aac and tell them to figure out how to play
> it, but I'm a nasty human being who is dead inside, and basically hang out
> with other tech people.
>

__._,_.___

Posted by: "highskywhy@yahoo.de" <highskywhy@yahoo.de>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (17)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment