Saturday, May 14, 2016

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] No sound on Gentoo

 

I had my modules listed in /etc/conf.d/modules listed one on a line
(just like the example line in the file). Someone on the Gentoo forums
said that I need to list them all on one line. I did that, and now I
have sound. I'm having a small problem with pulseaudio, but I'm pretty
confident that I can overcome it. The problem I was having with dmesg
reporting unknown symbols in my snd_hda_codec_realtek was caused by the
fact that I had forgotten to mount /boot before I built my kernel (I've
almost always used genkernel for that, which mounts /boot automatically).

__._,_.___

Posted by: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (16)

Upgrade your account with the latest Yahoo Mail app
Get organized with the fast and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail app. Upgrade today!

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment