Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] No sound on Gentoo

 

I booted up the PC with the 32bit livecd and I mounted my / partition
and cd to it. I issued an lsmod > livecd-lsmod.txt, then I booted
without the livecd, and I rebuilt my kernel using all the modules that
the livecd loaded. Now I've got:

caitlyn ~ # lsmod | grep snd
snd_usb_audio 109439 0
snd_usbmidi_lib 17179 1 snd_usb_audio
snd_rawmidi 15691 1 snd_usbmidi_lib
snd_hda_codec_realtek 49074 0
snd_hda_codec_generic 49803 1 snd_hda_codec_realtek
snd_soc_sst_mfld_platform 46291 0
snd_soc_core 124829 1 snd_soc_sst_mfld_platform
snd_compress 6491 1 snd_soc_core
snd_pcsp 6517 2

I've restarted /etc/init.d/alsasound and I've selected USB Audio as my
perferred audio device, but my xfce-audio-mixer is still muted and it
still tells me "No valid device and/or element. What's my next step?

__._,_.___

Posted by: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (11)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment