Sunday, November 24, 2013

[LINUX_Newbies] What worked...

 

Thanks to all for your input. I've got Dropbox running fine now after following advice on the Linux Mint forum. I downloaded the 32 bit .deb for ubuntu and installed it. After that I entered dropbox start -i in the terminal and I was good to go.

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "mistereha"
wrote:
>
> I'm new to Linux and installed Mint 15 MATE 32-bit on my Toshiba nb205
> netbook without a hitch. I also had no problems installing drivers for
> my Canon ip4200, Focus Writer, Bleachbit, TT Fonts, etc., using the
> software manager and the terminal.
>
> However, when I installed what quickly became obvious was the wrong
> version of Dropbox, I wound up with a whole new desktop (Ubuntu) which
> I did not want. So I reinstalled Olivia and would appreciate it very
> much if someone would advise me as to which version of Dropbox stands
> the greatest chance of leaving the rest of my system alone after
> installation. Thanks in advance.

>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment