Monday, December 30, 2013

[nslu2-linux] added ASUSTOR Optware target

 

Good day,    I recently bought an ASUSTOR NAS and was missing Optware. So I got the  optware building system and added asustor-i686 and asustor-x86_64 targets.    I put it on github since that's the fastest way for me to 'backup' it  (https://github.com/boretom/optware). Now I'd like to see if there's a  way to get it added to the official repository. Right now the IPKs (1208  for i686|1151 for x86_64) can be found on optware.kupper.org for the two  targets. Although only the x86_64 packages are referred to in the  Optware package for ASUSTOR. For the i686 NAS I refer to the i686g25 target.    The ASUSTOR NAS toolchain uses GCC 4.6.3/glibc-2.13 and I did compile it  Ubuntu 12.04. To make it compile I had to patch quite a few packages  (~80) and update (~25) some others. Some seem related to GCC > 4.2 and  some because of 64-bit packages build.    So, since I guess there's no chance that a nobody gets 80 patches  approved which were build with a non-standard build-system I'd like to  know what the next steps would be.    * I realise now that you use Ubuntu 10.10 - silly me thought he might  find the infos on the website. Would it help if I try to compile on  Ubuntu 10.10 and see which patches were necessary?    * Is it correct that no other target uses a GCC > 4.2? I don't have much  knowledge of programming and gcc versions. But searching the internet  for fixes of the compiling problems I got it seems that there were  changes in GCC > 4.2 which made it necessary to add some headers. Like  limits.h and stdlib.h to some packages.      Have a good day and a good start into a brand new year!  Thomas  

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment