Saturday, December 28, 2013

[nslu2-linux] More recent build of hplip?

 

Hi,

Would it be possible to provide a more recent build of hplip?  

The currently available build is 3.11.3a-1, and with that I could successfully scan from my laptop with my HP PSC printer connected to my Synology NAS.   However, I had to replace that printer due to a malfunction, and now I have an HP PhotoSmart 5520, which is only supported from hplip 3.12.6 (latest version is 3.13.11).  

I tried simply copying over the models.dat file from the installation on my laptop, but it's apparently not as easy as that.  GIMP on my laptop then finds the scanner, but the scanning dialog complains about invalid field values.  

So I guess I really need a complete update of the hplip package.  The currently available package is 2.5 years old, so I suppose it's due for an update...

Thanks in advance,
Peter.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment