Monday, December 2, 2013

Re: [nslu2-linux] Retire from optware project

 

Brian,

I've been happily using an NSLU2 since about 1998.  By that time, the support community had already grown quite strong, thanks to efforts of dedicated contributors like you.

Over the years, I've occasionally run into challenges that caused me to reach out to this community - nearly always I received a courteous, helpful response, often from you.

My experience with Optware, the Slug, and this community has been an unexpected joy - quite high praise coming from someone who just dabbles in *nix.

So, with much gratitude, I thank you for your significant contributions and wish you well in your future endeavors.

Best,

- M.J.


On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 12:22 AM, <b88zhou@gmail.com> wrote:
 

Hi all,


Because of lack of time, I've decided to retire from the optware project as the package manager. It has been a lot of fun creating and maintaining cross compilation packages. I get to know talented people, and have learned a great deal. IMHO, the optware cross compilation system is still the easiest to get into.

To the end users, there should be no change and no impact in the mean time.

If anyone is interested in continuing the optware support, please contact ka6sox in #nslu2-linux on freenode, or ka6sox@gmail.com.

Thank you!


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment