Sunday, December 29, 2013

Re: [nslu2-linux] More recent build of hplip?

 

Hello,

On Sun, 29 Dec 2013 16:06:52 +0200
Alex Potapenko <opotapenko@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've managed to upgrade hplip to the latest version. I can't test it,
> but it builds fine and *might* work ok. See hplip makefile attached,
> together with it's additional dependency libusb1. You can build them
> yourself *or *tell me which syno feed you're using and trust me to do
> it for you. Anyway, it would be nice if you could test it.

libusb1 is on its own a very worthy addition - there's currently only
libusb 0.1 package is Optware, which none of contemporary software
uses. I hope to try it over holidays. One quick comment is that
libusb1.mk contains superfluous (and potentially confusing) comments
(referencing SANE, etc.)

>
>
> 2013/12/28 <peter.verthez@skynet.be>
>
> >
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Would it be possible to provide a more recent build of hplip?
> >
> > The currently available build is 3.11.3a-1, and with that I could
> > successfully scan from my laptop with my HP PSC printer connected
> > to my Synology NAS. However, I had to replace that printer due to
> > a malfunction, and now I have an HP PhotoSmart 5520, which is only
> > supported from hplip 3.12.6 (latest version is 3.13.11).
> >
> > I tried simply copying over the models.dat file from the
> > installation on my laptop, but it's apparently not as easy as
> > that. GIMP on my laptop then finds the scanner, but the scanning
> > dialog complains about invalid field values.
> >
> > So I guess I really need a complete update of the hplip package.
> > The currently available package is 2.5 years old, so I suppose it's
> > due for an update...
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Peter.
> >
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Alex Potapenko

--
Best regards,
Paul mailto:pmiscml@gmail.com

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment