Friday, January 10, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] RE: Dell Inspiron 1501

 

A lot of Linux Live CD/DVDs have an option to rescue it's install. If memory serves Mint has this, but you may have to hit the ESCape key to see it.

Since it's Ubuntu-based a Puppy Linux Live CD might also help when Linux shuts down unclean. Puppy rescued me after a System Update failed during a power outage.

Joan in Reno


From: Bart Lidofsky <bart@moosewise.com>
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 6:09 AM
Subject: Re: [LINUX_Newbies] RE: Dell Inspiron 1501

 
    I do thank you. I want to reiterate, though, that my problem is not finding a solution; as you point out, there are LOTS of solutions out there. My problem is that when a solution doesn't work (or at least the first three I tried), Linux freezes on boot-up (meaning that half an hour later, it's still frozen), and, because I don't know how to undo this, I have to reinstall Linux. I have little doubt I'm going to find something that works; what I am looking for is so clue as to how to get Linux to boot the rest of the way when something doesn't work.

    Bart

On 1/10/2014 8:39 AM, pfrederick1@yahoo.com wrote:
 
I never tried Cinnamon I don't think.Anyhow I have done Wi-Fi in Linux and it can be a bit of a pain, even when the hardware is supported. Broadcom has a bit of a reputation of being especially hard to get to work, I've never had the pleasure of that experience either. But I've certainly seen enough people asking for help to get Broadcom to work in order to realize there must be a serious issue there.



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment