Monday, September 1, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Upgrade or not?

 

I always have a Puppy Linux Live CD to boot up and if it can mount your hard drive...remember to unmount afterward. Often times it will then boot up safely, so you can check it out further, or decide on another course of action.
Joan in Reno


From: "waltsmayl@gmail.com [LINUX_Newbies]" <LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com>
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, September 1, 2014 8:59 AM
Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Upgrade or not?

 
I'm too new to Linux to know how to assist you but I found a site that might help.
How to fix "System program problem detected" error on Ubuntu
http://www.binarytides.com/ubuntu-fix-system-program-problem-error/

I have recently started saving images of my partitions/drives using Clonezilla.
http://clonezilla.org/downloads/download.php?branch=stable

For my system I downloaded the (1) i486 and (2) ISO version and burned it to a CD.
Having an image of your drive from before the upgrade would have given you the option to restore to a time before the upgrade. Too late for that now but something to consider for the future.


---In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, <rvdidit@...> wrote :

I just installed Ububtu from disc, then it asked if I wanted to upgrade to the latest version,
I clicked yes, it took @ 4 hours, now the system is frozen with an error message box says "System problem detected".

So Im not sure if this helps answer the question, but I need help now, or else I need to reinstall from the beginning.
Ross


__._,_.___

Posted by: Joan Leach <jleach728@sbcglobal.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment