Sunday, August 4, 2013

[LINUX_Newbies] Not a Dnewby, just want to be able to use Lionux

 

For some time I have used Ubuntu Linux, I like being able to try it without installing. But I never decide to install because there are so many things I can't deal with. One of these is the tiny or faint text. I've had similar problems with Windows and it's programs but I've been able to figure out how to solve them there. Why do companies thing that screen text should be so faint and small. Of course the size problem became worse when my screens have come with such great resolution, That does result in text becoming smaller. The size is not as much of a problem if it's not so faint. It's not that I can't read small text but that it's a chore and I get frustrated. If the small text has thicker lines and is higher contrast I have little trouble. [Please don't tell me about high contras mode, I'm not that bad off.

With Linux I can't even figure out where to go to change the text size. And in some cases if the text is part of a program or a web site nothing works. With Windows I can usually use CTRL & +.

Anyone out there got this problem figured out?

Jim

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment