Thursday, August 15, 2013

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: simple update questions XUBUNTU update

 

On 08/15/2013 07:52 AM, Paul wrote:
>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "G.LinuxDucks" <g.linuxducks@...> wrote:
>> Updates
>> Automatically. Non- security Updates are improvements and fixes. I have
>> always applied all available Updates.
>>
>> gerald philly pa usa
>> http://linuxducks.webs.com/
>>
> Not me. I do not consider changes improvements. In the past I have updated everything and been unhappy with results. I had one update change my Desktop Environment on me! Well, it was the same DE, but a major version change.
>
>
Each Update, Security and otherwise, do have included descriptions. My
experience has been mainly with Debian and Ubuntu and I have not
experienced major changes you mention with the possible exception of
actually choosing a major version Upgrade like from a Ubuntu 10.04 to
newer 10.10 as example.

As in any OS (operating system) when Security Updates are issued they
are generally described as Critical to be applied - patching exploit
holes or updating code against same etc etc etc. But the other Updates
are issued and are Suggested Updates by the particular distro (Debian,
Xubuntu, Mint etc) that are available and are recommended by them as
improving the over all look and feel and operation of the system. It is
king of like the improvements and enhancements by new and newer versions
of the .Net Frameworks in Windows if familiar.... remotely similar in
some vein.

I used to read each description as to changes to occur, but over the
years now I just go ahead and apply them being Suggested Improvements
because I have NEVER experienced anything negative in them.

gerald philly pa usa
http://linuxducks.webs.com/

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment