Sunday, August 4, 2013

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Not a Dnewby, just want to be able to use Lionux

 

Joan,

> Until you decide to install to a hard drive either internal or external, you can't really enjoy the added flexibility of Linux as I see it.
It's not abouit enjoying or not, it's about figuring out whather I'm
willing to bother yet again with Linux. The list of things that I don't
know how to do in Linux and sort of know how to do in Windows, is very
long. And I get frustrated trying to do those things. I don't think that
INSTALLIN will help with that, although I have a machine that I know
that I can do it on, my older Dell XPS 8300. It has Win 7 on it and I
may install Win 8 and then get the free upgrade to Win 8.1.
I figuered that the time to Linux again would be now or just to give up
on it for ever. I have lots of Linux books, but all are from earlier
versions. I'd almos be willing to install one of the earlier versioin, I
mean really early just so that I'd have an appropriate book.

Anyway, TNX for the reply Joan.

Jim
> I don't care for Ubuntu proper, since my old 10.04, but I use Zorin, Mint XFCE/LXDE, Bodhi, and some others. Firefox finally has the Theme Font & Size Changer add-on extension, which helps on my netbook and widescreen monitor. I also use No Squint in Firefox to have separate controls for picture and font size. There are various ways to set a system font and size, I'm more into hunting these things out. Plus, if the default GUI doesn't work I add another and switch to the one I use more frequently.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment