Sunday, August 4, 2013

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Not a Dnewby, just want to be able to use Lionux

 

Don't you know about Distrowatch.com? That's where I see reviews, read or listen, plus download Linux iso files.

Joan in Reno

>________________________________
> From: Jim Purcell <jpurcell@wi.rr.com>
>To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
>Sent: Sunday, August 4, 2013 2:34 PM
>Subject: Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Not a Dnewby, just want to be able to use Lionux
>
>
>

>Joan,
>
>Googled for Zorin and thought that I was installing it, althouigh the
>pricess was not clear. I ended up with a file named only setup and it
>installed a bunch of trash. Tis has been my experience for most of my
>downloads lately. I'n getting ready to juyst not download anything. I
>spend more time ininstalling the crap and by them I uninstall what I
>tried to download just because I'm so ticked off.
>
>Jim
>
>> Until you decide to install to a hard drive either internal or external, you can't really enjoy the added flexibility of Linux as I see it. I don't care for Ubuntu proper, since my old 10.04, but I use Zorin, Mint XFCE/LXDE, Bodhi, and some others. Firefox finally has the Theme Font & Size Changer add-on extension, which helps on my netbook and widescreen monitor. I also use No Squint in Firefox to have separate controls for picture and font size. There are various ways to set a system font and size, I'm more into hunting these things out. Plus, if the default GUI doesn't work I add another and switch to the one I use more frequently.
>
>
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment